Adamson House at Malibu
California State Historic Landmark 966
#966 The Adamson House
Designed by Stiles O. Clements in 1929, this Spanish Colonial Revival home contains the best surviving examples of decorative ceramic tile produced by Malibu Potteries. During its short existence from 1926 to 1932, Malibu Potteries made an outstanding contribution to ceramic art in California through its development and production of a wide range of artistic and colorful decorative tile. The home was built for Merritt Huntley Adamson and Rhoda Rindge Adamson, daughter of Frederick Hastings Rindge and May Knight Rindge, the last owners of the Rancho Malibu Spanish land grant.
23200 Pacific Coast Hwy (Hwy 1), Malibu.
Return to other landmarks in Los Angeles county.
Send comments to: