Site of Port of Los Angeles Long Wharf
California State Historic Landmark 881
#881 Port Los Angeles
"The Long Wharf"
In 1893 the Southern Pacific Railroad Company completed its 4,720-foot wharf which served as a deep water port for the Los Angeles area. After San Pedro became Los Angeles's official harbor in 1897, shipping activity at Port Los Angeles declined. Ultimately abandoned and dismantled, no trace remained of what had been the longest wooden pier in the world.
Will Rogers State Beach lifeguard headquarters, 15100 W Hwy 1 (PM 37.5), Pacific Palisades.
Return to other landmarks in Los Angeles county.
Send comments to: