California State Historic Landmark 808
#808 Camp Salvation
Here on September 23, 1849, Lieut. Cave J. Couts, escort commander, International Boundary Commission, established Camp Salvation. From September till the first of December, 1849, it served as a refugee center for distressed emigrants attempting to reach the gold fields over the southern emigrant trail.
Nothing remains of this site.
NE corner of 5th St E and Heber Ave, Calexico.
Return to other landmarks in Imperial county.
Send comments to: