Jacoby Building

California State Historic Landmark 783

Plaque Photo:

#783 Jacoby Building
The basement and first story of the building, at 8th and H Streets (opposite), was constructed in 1857 for Augustus Jacoby. For many years it was a principal supply point for the Klamath-Trinity mining camp trade. From 1858 through 1864 it served periodically as a refuge in time of indian troubles. Housing various mercantile firms during its early years, it was acquired by A. Brizard in 1880.

Site Photo:

Nothing remains of this site.


Eighth and H (plaque at NE corner, structure at SE corner), Arcata.

Return to other landmarks in Humboldt county.

Send comments to:
Donald Laird