Pomona Water Powerplant
California State Historic Landmark 514
#514 Pomona Water Power Plant
The first hydro-electric installation in California for long-distance transmission of alternating current at high voltage was built in 1892 on San Antonio Creek below this spot by the San Antonio Light and Power Company organized by Dr. Cyrus Grandison Baldwin, president of Pomona College. The first high voltage transformers built by George Westinghouse for this installation provided for 10,000 volt transmission of electric service from this plant to Pomona.
Camp Baldy Rd (PM 2.0), San Antonio Canyon, near Claremont.
Return to other landmarks in Los Angeles county.
Send comments to: