California State Historic Landmark 482
#482 Camp Wright
First established October 18, 1861, on Warner's ranch at "Fork of the trail to San Diego" to guard the line of communications between California and Arizona. Moved to this site by Major Edwin A. Rigg. First California Volunteers, about November 23, 1861. Named for Brigadier General George Wright, United States Army, who commanded the Pacific Department and California District from 1861 to 1865. Abandoned December 1866.
Nothing remains of this site.
Hwy 79 (PM 49.3), Oak Grove.
Return to other landmarks in San Diego county.
Send comments to: