Mission San Diego de Alcala
California State Historic Landmark 242
#242 Mission San Diego De Alcala
On Sunday, July 16, 1769 fathers Junipero Serra, Juan Viscaino and Fernando Parron raised and blessed a cross to establish Alta California's 1st mission. Relocated from Presidio Hill to this site in August 1774 the mission was the mother of those founded in California by the Franciscan Order. The present buildings, first completed in 1813, were rebuilt in stages from 1915 to 1931 after many years of deterioration. They have been in use as a parish church since February 1941.
Mission San Diego de Alcala, 10818 San Diego Mission Rd, San Diego.
Return to other landmarks in San Diego county.
Send comments to: