Site of Mission Vieja

California State Historic Landmark 161

Plaque exists. No site exists. Landmark location.

Plaque Photo:

This tablet was erected by Walter P. Temple and blessed by Right-Reverend John J. Cantwell, bishop of Monterey and Los Angeles July 31, 1921, to commemorate the founding of Mission San Gabriel Archangel, on this ground, at Old Mission by Rev. Fathers Angel Somero and Pedro B. Gambon Sept. 8, 1771.

Site Photo:

No site exists.
Nothing remains of this site.


SW corner of N San Gabriel Blvd and N Lincoln Ave, Montebello.

Landmark logo Return to other landmarks in Los Angeles county.

Send comments to:
Donald Laird